OK, it always seems like we are counting down to something. This can be a crazy time so please remember to review rules, have a plan for inside recess, and most importantly ENJOY THE KIDS! That is why we are here. :) Monday Mtg
-We will have our Leadership Team meeting here at 3:30 for those members who are not attending the MSTA meeting at the HS.
Ice Cream at Lunch-Today I will deliver ice cream sandwiches to students who sold 5-9 items for our fundraiser.
Hat Day-Tuesday is hat day! Don't forget to set canned/boxed food items outside your door. This monthly activity really helps our local food pantry.
Grade Level Mtgs-We will meet on Tuesday in Linda's room.
Make-It Take-It Night-Our annual Christmas event is scheduled for Thursday, December 5th from 6:00-7:30. This is a FUN free family event for everyone. This year we will have Santa pictures in the gym and craft/cookies/After School Actors performance in the cafeteria. This event is organized by our FACT cadre. I hope you and your family can attend.
Fire Drill-We have a fire drill planned for Thursday. This will be on your own time. You will just need to review the plan with your classroom at your convenience....no need to actually go outside. I will NOT be announcing the drill over the intercom.
Out of the Building-I will be gone all day on Friday. My son is having shoulder surgery. Lindsay Wallace will be filling in for me....so take it easy on her...never mind she can handle anything she teaches kindergarten!!! :) :) :)
Seven days of work for an upcoming five day weekend....YOU CAN DO IT!!! Monday Mtg
-I would like to meet with classroom teachers for a brief meeting in the library from 3:30-3:45.Fundraiser-I will sent out a list of the students who earned limo rides, bouncy houses and ice cream at lunch. Below are the scheduled dates/times. Friday, November 22nd--LIMO RIDE
Monday, November 25th--ICE CREAM at lunch & BOUNCY HOUSE
- I will send you a list of the students along with times for departure/return.
Grade Level Mtgs-
- 12:45-1:15 PK/ECSE/KINDERGARTEN
- 1:15-1:45 1st GRADE
- 1:45-2:15 2nd & 3rd GRADE
- 2:15-2:45 4th GRADE
I don't have anything to share this week. :) Mid-Quarter Reports
-We will continue to use our own form until a suitable one is created in Mastery Connect. Here is a copy!
These are scheduled to go home on Tuesday.DRA2 Progress Monitoring-
Linda will have a training for all classroom and Special Ed teachers who administer DRAs next Monday, November 25th during our early out meeting. A-Team/E-Team Mtg
-I will be gone most of the day on Wednesday to meetings at the District Office Training room.Tiger Pride Assembly
-We will have our Tiger Pride Assembly on Tuesday, November 26th. Please fill out the MVT chart
. Ice cream for our Golden Tray winners will be Wednesday, December 4th and MVT lunch will be Thursday, December 5th.
November has arrived and that means December is just around the corner! I won't even tell you how many shopping days until Christmas......AHHHHHHH! Monday Mtg
-Our Leadership Team will meet in the computer lab from 3:30-4:00 today. We will be finalizing our Veteran's Day Assembly. I will have a schedule for everyone by Tuesday. We will be using our 1/2 day schedule for specials and lunch. Star Summit
-If you have NOT registered for you workshops on Tuesday, please do that today! Here is the link
. Elementary teachers will be at Nixa HS. Below is the schedule.Schedule:
- Session 1--8:30-9:45am
- Session 2--10:00-11:15am
- Session 3--12:45-2:00pm
- Session 4: 2:15-3:30pm (unconference)
-I will be gone on Wednesday most of the day to A-Team. Picture Re-Takes
-Thursday is picture retakes for all students who are new to the building or exchanging their picture package for another one. Students don't have a purchase a picture package. We need all students for our yearbook. Photographers will be set up in the cafeteria. You can send your students at the time slots listed below.
- 1st Grade--9:15
- 2nd Grade--9:45
- 3rd Grade--10:15
- 4th Grade--10:45
-I missed the tornado drill last month. We will have one on Thursday afternoon around 1:00. Please review where your students will be located. I will just make an announcement over the intercom. We will NOT sound alarms.
I hope your three day weekend was full of rest and relaxation! It was beautiful on Saturday and Sunday. A little change from Fridays cold weather! This week will be a full one...so get ready!Red Ribbon Week Activities-
- Monday--Wear Camo
- Tuesday--Wear Tiger T-Shirt and Red
- Wednesday--Wear your Favorite Team Attire
- Thursday--Dress as your Future Career; WHS Theater Performance at 10
- Friday--Wear your Cowboy Duds
Don't forget to check your email each day. Mrs. B will be sending out information for our Guessing Jar activity. You will also receive stickers, red ribbons and coloring books to pass out at your convenience. ENJOY!Monday Mtg
-Our Special Ed teachers will be presenting information to the staff from 3:30-4:15 in the libraryGrade Level Mtgs
-We will have a short meeting on Tuesday. I only need grade level teachers, Kathy Davis, Lisa Thomson and Anita Yates to attend. Tiger Pride Assembly
-We have our October Tiger Pride Assembly on Tuesday at 2:30. Please make sure you fill out the Most Valuable Tiger Award chart
. The MVT lunch will be on Thursday from 11:30-1:00. Fall Parties
-This Thursday we will have Fall Parties from 2:30-3:30. You should have communicated with your Homeroom Helper. If you need anything, please let Sarah or myself know so we can help.
This will be a marathon week...but WE WILL SURVIVE! I know that you have been working hard this entire quarter and I am confident that conferences will be a success. This is new territory for everyone this year and I am SOOOOOO proud of everyone. You have conquered new curriculum, assessments, reports and more. THANK YOU all for being such troopers and giving it your all. Meetings-
We will NOT have any Monday or Grade Level meetings this week!Report Cards
-Linda and I delivered report cards and the one page parent report on Friday afternoon. If something doesn't look correct or you need anything, please let me know. I will deliver attendance reports to you Monday morning. The attendance will have absences and tardies from August 15th-October 18th.Dinner-
I will have dinner set up for you in the workroom on Tuesday and Thursday evening around 4:15-4:30. BYOD!Computer Lab for Mastery Connect
-Linda and I will be in the computer lab each evening during conferences. Please send any parents down to the lab if they have questions or would like to see their child's tracker.OTHER INFO FOR THE WEEK:
- Student Council will be selling pumpkin grams in the front hallway October 21-31 from 8:15-8:35. They will be delivered to classrooms on the 31st.
- Fundraiser Prizes--Tiny Toilets will be delivered on Monday. I will be passing them out at the end of the day. I will schedule ice cream treats, bouncy house and limo rides in the next few weeks. I am still waiting for the master list of students and the number of items that they sold.
- Fundraiser pick up is Tuesday from 3:30-6:30 in the cafeteria. PLEASE post this information on your blogs also.
- We have a K-4th grade bus safety assembly scheduled for Thursday, October 24th from 9:00-9:40.
I hope you had a RELAXING and ENJOYABLE weekend! The weather was beautiful on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Below are some updates for the week. Monday Mtg-
We will have a Leadership Team meeting in the computer lab from 3:30-4:30. I will post the agenda Grade Level Mtgs
-We will be working on Reading Improvement Plans during meetings on Tuesday. Please bring perm files for all of your BELOW BASIC students.
A-Team-I will be out of the building attending A-Team at Central Office on Wednesday morning.
Parent/Teacher Conferences-Don't forget to put a copy of your schedule in my mailbox. The computer lab will be available for parents to access their child's Mastery Connect account each night from 4:00-7:00. Let me know if you need anything! Below is the important stuff...FOOD! Please fill this out by Thursday so I can order food.
We have another busy week ahead of us! Please make sure you take a look at our scheduled events.Monday Mtg
-We will be meeting with all teachers using Mastery Connect to discuss reports in the computer lab from 3:30-4:30. You will learn how to add DRA levels and comments. Fundraiser
-Please send all fundraiser forms to the office. The due date is Monday, October 7th. I will send you and parents more information regarding ice cream, little toliets, jump house and limo rides after I receive my final report from the company with student names and the number of items ordered. The scheduled pick up date for the items is TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22nd during Parent/Teacher Conferences. Leadership Team
-I had to reschedule our Leadership Team meeting this week due to our Mastery Connect training. It has been moved to Monday, October 14th from 3:30-4:30.Standards Based Grading Reports
-I hope everyone has seen a copy of the report by now. Below you will find some additional information to keep in mind.
- You need to have all first quarter assessments, DRA levels and comments entered in Mastery Connect by midnight on Monday, October 14th.
- On Friday, October 18th, you will receive reports to hand to parents during P/T conferences. This includes a colored copy of the end of quarter report, one page parent information sheet and quarterly attendance reports from SISK12.
- Several of you have asked for an additional document to give specific student strengths and areas of concerns during conferences. Here is one example that you are more than welcome to use to help with your conferences. If you are using something else and would like to share...just email it out to staff. I just want it to be a document that works for you and gives parents specific examples of what to work on with their child.
-Sorry I didn't get to the tornado drill last Thursday. It was a crazy day! I plan on having one this week. An announcement will be made over the intercom...no bells or alarms! McTeacher Night
-Don't forget that Tuesday, October 8th is McTeacher Night from 4:00-8:00 at the McDonald's on West Chestnut Expressway. Below are the teachers who are signed up to work.
Out of the Building
- 4:00-5:00--Kelly Anderson, Kelly Dunn, Katie Dickie, Clara Hayter, Amelia Yates, Brittany Baker, Whitney Rand, Dana Beck
- 5:00-6:00--Charity Hodum, Betty Teel, Becky Mooney, Susan Shikany, Kathy Davis, Alex Porterfield, Anne Wyman
- 6:00-7:00--Lindsay Wallace, Kara Crighton-Smith, Cindy Brown, Keri Berry, Cindy Kisling
- 7:00-8:00--Kara Crighton-Smith, Karen Flores, Michelle Christensen, Sarah Baumgardner
-I will be out of the building on Tuesday from 11:45-3:30. I will be attending a Southwest Missouri Association of Elementary School Principals (SWMAESP) meeting in Strafford. 3rd Grade Music Program
-Don't miss the first music program of the year with our very own 3rd graders performing under the direction of Mrs. Christensen! I know it will be a spectacular event. They will be performing at 3:00 and 6:30. Thursday
-I will be out of the building most of the day on Thursday. My mother is having surgery. My plan is to be back before the end of the day for our music program.Friday, October 11th
-We will follow our 1/2 day schedule. The afternoon is designated for you to work on entering information in Mastery Connect for our end of quarter reports. District Tailgate Party
- Don't miss the Tailgate Party at Central Office this Friday, October 11th from 5:30-7:00. Grilled hot dogs, sides and dessert will be served. Parking will be in the Willard East lot next door to the new district office. All are welcome to hang out until the game at 7:00. You can watch our WILLARD TIGERS play the Republic and enjoy the Homecoming celebration! The school building or department with the highest percentage of attendance will receive TWO CHROMEBOOKS! Other prizes will be offered for attendees along with free entry for staff and family to the football game!
Monday Mtg-I need to meet with all classroom and special education teachers who are using Mastery Connect. We will meet in the computer lab from 3:30-4:00. I have some GOOD news to share regarding parent emails!
Grade Level Mtg-We will have a short meeting in Linda's room on Tuesday.
Fundraiser-You can pick up extra penguins and lanyards in the office conference room. THANK YOU for being so flexible with this new fundraiser incentive. You can send fundraiser packets to the office as soon as they are returned. The due date is OCTOBER 7th.
Hat Day-Tuesday is hat day! Place canned/boxed food outside your classroom and I will pick it up.
Mtgs-I have E-Team and A-Team on Wednesday. I will be gone most of the morning.
Drill-We will have a tornado drill on Thursday morning. I will just make an announcement over the intercom...no bells!
-We will have our BIG fundraiser kick-off at 2:00 in the cafeteria. This is a new company this year. I believe that most of the other elementary buildings are using Great American Opportunities this year also. My goal is to raise enough money to purchase school shirts and a piano for our music room. (Profit of around $8000) Monday Mtg
-We will have a meeting in the library after school for Mastery Connect. I would like all certified staff to be in attendance. Linda and I will be going over reports, uploading assessments, game plan for DRA levels, parent/teacher conference...and more! Tiger Pride Assembly
-Tuesday will be our first TPA of the year and will begin promptly at 2:30. You need to review assembly expectations with your students prior to Tuesday afternoon. Below are some reminders about awards.
- Please fill out the MOST VALUABLE TIGER spreadsheet by the end of the day on Monday. I will have the MVT lunch on Wednesday from 11:25-1:00.
- Attendance reports will be in your mailbox at the end of the day on Monday. You need to inform students if they have perfect attendance before our TPA. (maybe stamp their hand, give them a sticker on their shirt...) They will stand and be recognized during the assembly. The top three classrooms with perfect attendance will have a special treat delivered to their classroom at 3:00 on Friday and receive an award to display outside their classroom.
-We have scheduled a McTeacher Night at the McDonald's on West Chestnut for Tuesday, October 8th from 4:00-8:00. As always, if you sign up to work, the money will be divided up among the workers and you can use it for classroom supplies. In the past, this has been around $40 for working one hour. SIGN UP HERE!
Picture Day-All students will need to have their picture taken on Thursday September 26th. We will deliver order forms today. I will place the schedule with location and times in your mailbox on Tuesday.
More to follow later this week!!!
I hope your week is a great one with cooler temperatures and PAY DAY!!! :) :) :)Monday Mtg
-All staff members who work with ESL students will need to attend a meeting in the library from 3:30-4:00 this afternoon. IE-
Several staff members have started working on IE plans and their District Growth Hours for this year. I will not be able to approved those plans until I have the building IE hours sent to me from Central Office. I will share those figures with you once I have them. Tiger Pride Assembly
-I have been searching a new song/dance for our assemblies this year. However, I believe that the Sid Shuffle/Continental Drift will be our best production. So, please work on your dance moves prior to our first TPA next Tuesday, September 24th at 2:30. Here is a link
-Don't miss the WS/WOHE/WI Tailgate Party at Central Office this Friday, September 20th from 5:30-7:00. Grilled hot dogs, sides and dessert will be served. Parking will be in the Willard East lot next door to the new district office. All are welcome to hang out until the game at 7:00. You can watch our WILLARD TIGERS play the Nixa Eagles! The school building or department with the highest percentage of attendance will receive TWO CHROMEBOOKS! Other prizes will be offered for attendees along with free entry for staff and family to the football game!Friday, Sept 20th
-Don't forget this Friday is a 1/2 day for students. Please use the 1/2 day schedule for specials and lunch. We will make an announcement to dismiss students over the intercom around 12:25 & 12:27. You can use the afternoon as your plan time for your grade level, finish entering DRA information in Mastery Connect...Please let me know if you need anything!EdCamp Springfield
-It is not too late for you to sign up for EdCamp Springfieldl. Here is a link to the website!