Monday Meeting-We will meet at 3:30 in the library for Baby Allen Shower! :) :)
Tiger Pride-Tuesday is our first TIGER PRIDE ASSEMBLY! We are working on adding more student leaders. It is a work in progress and we are EXCITED to showcase students. We will call for 3rd & 4th graders starting at 2:35 followed by K-2 at 2:40. We need to begin promptly at 2:45. Our MOST VALUABLE TIGER lunch will be Friday from 11:00-12:30.
Instructional Excellence-We have 10 participants this year. (Leslie, Christine, Sarah, Wendy, Clara, Whitney, Marla, Diana, Laine and Patrice) If you did not sign up but still want to participate, let me know! These 10 people will have 80 hours for their IE plan this year. CLICK HERE to access your IE plan. I have created a shared folder and a plan with your name. I will need these completed by October 1st.
Observations-This week I will begin walk-through observations. I really enjoy watching all of the amazing lessons you are teaching and the learning that is taking place. I always try to submit my notes and questions through TalentEd the same day as the observation. Please make sure you are checking your account.
Professional Development Plans-Don't forget that these are due on Friday, September 30th.
Open House-Don't forget that next Monday, October 3rd is our Open House. This will be a BIG NIGHT for our families. Below are reminders....
- There will be a student led presentation from 6:00-6:15. This will include some 4th graders speaking about each of the 7 habits as well as a song performance. Kara will also be giving information about a 7 habits book study for parents.
- After the presentation, families will have until 7:00 to visit classrooms.
- We want this night to be focused on leadership. Hallway and classroom displays should be leadership based. Here is a GOOGLE FOLDER with pictures and ideas. You might consider having some kind of scavenger hunt for your students and parents to complete. You could also use this time to showcase items you will not have time to talk about during conferences (science notebooks, morning work journals, math journals, other student work, etc).
- During the classroom visits, parents will have the opportunity to sign up for parent/teacher conferences. You can choose how you want to do this. Lacey sent out an email about SIGNUP GENIUS
- Each classroom will have cookies available for refreshments.
McTeacher Night-If you haven't signed up for McTeacher Night on October 4th...HERE IS THE LINK! Profits will be shared with the teachers who work. This can be used on classroom supplies.
Spirit Sale-Ink Blots should be delivering our spirit sale items Monday morning. Hoodies will be coming soon and they put a note in each order relaying that information.